Spice Islands Spaghetti Sauce Seasoning
This spice mixture was a staple of my father’s spaghetti recipe, so I was really distressed to hear it had been discontinued by the Spice Island folks. The excellent website site Epicurious has a copy of the mixture recipe from the spiceisland.com website and posted a copy here. But, because I’m paranoid I’m creating a copy of the post for posterity.
- 4 teaspoons Spice Islands Basil, Sweet
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Marjoram
- 4-1/4 teaspoons Spice Islands Onion Powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 teapoons Spice Islands Garlic Powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Spice Islands Pepper, Black Medium Grind
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Summer Savory
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands Cloves, Ground
- Grind basil and marjoram in a small food processor or coffee grinder until fine.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Store in tightly capped container.